Home

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Dress design for Shabby Apple Dress Competition








Shabby Apple is a very cool dress company! Take a look at their designs!
http://www.shabbyapple.com/

They are hosting a competition for a spring dress design and this is the dress that I have come up with.
It is simple and comfortable. When I design clothing, I do the designing as I am stitching. I put this one together with fabrics that I had on hand. It is a combination of rejuvenated clothing and new yardage. I drew my colors from the central piece that was formerly known as a dowdy old turtleneck. I'll be wearing this dress to work tomorrow, but if it were springtime, and I had a "springier" green fabric available, I would use that for the sleeves and bottom swirl. I think I'd shorten the sleeves as well.
Here's the link back to the site:
http://www.shabbyapple.com/
Donna, thank you for the pictures! The top one is my favorite!

1 comment:

  1. Uh oh! Looks like I have a smooshed raisin on the back of my dress!

    ReplyDelete